Home >> Shape & Space - Bearings
Bearings are a way of describing the position of places/objects by using clockwise angles relative to North.
e.g. (note a bearing has 3 digits)
- east is a bearing of 090 deg.
- south is a bearing of 180 deg.
- west is a bearing of 270 deg.
- north is a bearing of 000 deg.
- south west is a bearing of 225 deg.
To find the bearing of a point Y from a point X:
- draw a line up the page from X to represent North
- draw a line between point X and point Y
- with your protractor on the North line(XN), measure angle NXY
back to top
[ About ]
[ FAQ ]
[ Links ]
[ Terms & Conditions ]
[ Privacy ]
[ Site Map ]
[ Contact ]